Like in 2018, I have some goals for 2019: Goals for what I’m going to do for the good of motorcycling in 2019 and goals for myself and my love of motorcycling.
- I’m pretty sure I’m going to get a new bagger. Why? Nothing’s wrong with Red Sonya except that Polaris is no longer making Victory. Plus, well, who doesn’t love the excitement of a new bike when they can afford it? Once the dealers are doing test rides, I’ll be picking a new two-wheeled freedom machine and writing about the experience.
- Get one person their first motorcycle: I have someone in mind who’s very close to joining the life.
- Participate in ABATE Bikers in the capitol day. More information coming in a podcast soon.
- Take lots of video: watching bikers on youtube helps get me through the winter months.
- I need to get Mrs. Roadrunner on her bike. Like, a lot. Why should be obvious, but additionally…
- Late in 2019 I will start planning motorcycle trip around Scotland in 2020, riding its famous NC 500.
- I’m going to camp more than I did in 2018.
- This year I’m planning to ride:
- To either Colorado Springs or Pocatello to visit family. On the way could be Deadwood, Needles Highway, Cheyenne, Beartooth pass…
- The Hurricane Highway in the UP of Michigan
- US 2 in Northern Wisconsin
- The Hoka Hey off year event.
- And of course I’m going to keep spreading the idea that motorcycling is mindfulness.
That’s a lot of fun for a working guy with kids at home, but I’m willing to try. Additionally I’ll probably hit some of the yearly motorcycle events like the Slimy Crud Run, Momma Tried, Brewtown Rumble, The Milwaukee Rally, and other small scale goofing off.
Looking forward to a great 2019. I’ll see you on the road.